Henna also known as Mehndi is a reddish-brown dye prepared from the plant Lawsonia inermis. This plant is mostly found in tropical and subtropical regions like India, Egypt, Morocco and few parts of Africa and Arabia. The henna flower is very gentle, small and have four small petals. They are crushed and then a lovely silky green fresh paste is made using essential oils which has a special smell, leaving you enthralled.
It is considered part of tradition and culture that every bride and grooms too apply Henna. Apart from enhancing the hands and feet it also signifies that it cools down the body temp relieving bride from any stress before her Big Day. It is also applied on occasions like Karwa Chauth, Vat Purnima, Diwali, Teej, birthday parties, for a vacation and Engagement. It also has therapeutic uses like relief from stress, fever and headaches.
Henna should be 2-3 days in advance before the actual event or occasion to get best result or darker stain because natural henna takes 24 to 48 hours to get actual dark stain
- Finish your salon schedule (Manicure Pedicure, waxing/sugaring/hair removal treatment or shaving ) before applying henna. Doing this after your henna will fade the henna color.
- Avoid applying any kind of oil, body cream or lotion before applying henna (on the day of henna appointment.). Keep your skin clean, oil free and dry to get best result.
To get the Darkest Henna Stain there are many options which can be as follows:
The NATURAL ORGANIC HENNA takes a minimum of 24 to 48 hours to get a darker stain.
- The NATURAL ORGANIC HENNA takes a minimum of 24 to 48 hours to get a darker stain.
- The longer the paste stays on the skin, the darker the stain will be. Paste should be naturally air-dried for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Once the henna paste starts to dry, seal it with a mixture of sugar and lemon juice (i.e. One Teaspoon lemon and half teaspoon sugar). Use cotton to apply sugar lemon juice.
- Once it gets dry (at least keep it for six hours), you can just rub off the paste by butter knife or by your fingertips (Never use soap or water to remove the paste. Keep the henna area away from soap and water for 24 hours).
- You can use Vicks Vaporub or clove oil to get a darker stain
- To moisturize the henna area, apply a natural oil or coconut oil.
- We can not guarantee the henna stains would be equally dark on every person. Hand lotions, tanning products, chemical products (hand sanitizers, nail polish remover) weather and individual body temperature may affect the stain color.
- The henna stain may fade away quickly if chemical products, hand sanitizers, nail polish remover, soap, Chlorine water used. Waxing the skin not recommended after getting henna.
- Stains will bloom to orange color first and then it will further get dark to wine red and finally to dark brown or black.
Generally, henna stain stays 1-2 weeks or more.
Henna paste generally takes around 20-40 mins to dry completely.
It will usually fade in 2-3 weeks. For longer stain avoid washing and using chemical products on the body part where henna is applied.